Format

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Thu Jul 22 12:11:03 CDT 2010

On 7/22/10 7:53 PM, "Mark Schonewille" <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>
wrote:

Hi Mark,

> Thank you, Ruslan. Now at least I know what not to look for :-)
>
> When I retrieve data from Valentina in RunRev, is it always in the
> same encoding as used to store the data? I.e. if I store data on
> Windows and retrieve the data on Mac, is the data still in Windows
> encoding?

Actually no.

REVOLUTION itself work with single byte strings.
So we need convert UTF16 from disk to something else.

On win this will be Latin1, on MAC "Macintosh" encodings.

And you can self control this using
       db.IOEncoding property.

Read also VREV API Reference.pdf for details.

> I think I shouldn't need to ask such questions. Do you have a FAQ with
> answers to this kind of questions?

SITE > SUPPORT > WIKI > FAQs