Crashes of V4REV during development -- way to avoid.

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Jul 23 13:02:40 CDT 2010

On 7/23/10 5:38 PM, "Mark Schonewille" <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>
wrote:

Hi Mark,

> I think you need to know this.
>
> Calling the Valentina external without calling Valentina_Init first,
> crashes Revolution.

Well, this is I afraid normal and expected.
Protection from this will be too expensive.

Note, that if you will set after Valentina Init
      DebugLevel = kErrors

Then V4REV Will start protect all other calls from bad mistakes and crashes.

> Using a relative path in the dump function crashes Valentina.

Please mantis this with crash log.

> Creating a database while one is open already seems to cause a crash
> sometimes.

This should return error from OS first of all ..
Crash can be may be if this error is ignored and code try to work future

> As you have understood by now, the text encoding is a mess.

> In my opinion, the crashes should be avoided and instead an error
> message should be returned.
> Additionally, a function that translates error coded into human
> readable error messages would be extremely useful.

Such function exists of course :)

You can use "SHOW VERRORS"   SQL command e.g. In Vstudio.

And in V4REV also exists   ErrorMessage or osmething like this
Which return STRING of error