V4REV_Log.txt not found

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Jan 24 07:52:10 CST 2010

On 1/23/10 3:34 PM, "Bernard Devlin" <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bernard,

> Hi, I'm confused again.
>
> Windows Vista, Rev 4, Valentina 4.3.
>
> I'm trying to track what is going on with my app.  So I decided to
> enable the debug log.  After initializing Valentina, I call these
> statements:
>
>  put Valentina_DebugLevel( "kLogParams" ) into tDebugState
>  put Valentina_DebugLevel() into tDebugState

> After the first statement, tDebugState is empty.  After the 2nd
> statement, tDebugState is 3.

Expected syntax (as for any set/get property of V4REV) is

  get Valentina_DebugLevel( inLevel )     i.e. Valentina.debugLevel = V
  put Valentina_DebugLevel into VAR       i.e. V = Valentina.debugLevel

> According to the V4REV manual, I should find a file ³V4REV_Log.txt² in
> my project (it's not clear where that actually is: in the same folder
> as the .rev file, or in the folder where Rev is installed?)  Anyway, I
> assumed it meant the former.  When I couldn't find the file there, I
> did this search:
>
> C:\>dir V4REV_Log.txt /s
>
> I only have one writeable drive on this machine, so the log file
> should be somewhere on c:\.  The search does not find it, even though
> it is searching the entire hard disk.

You search for wrong file name. it is something as

    V4REV_Log_xxxxxxxx.log

Where xxxx is datetime value.

This file should be OR near to stack, or near to Revolution.exe (in latest
subengine version)