V4REV_Log.txt not found

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 03:17:01 CST 2010

Hi Ruslan

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin
<ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:
> On 1/23/10 3:34 PM, "Bernard Devlin" <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:
> You search for wrong file name. it is something as
>
>    V4REV_Log_xxxxxxxx.log
>
> Where xxxx is datetime value.

Unfortunately, that's not what your "V4REV_Reference_4_en.pdf" file says:
[quote]
The file will be named “V4REV_Log.txt”. It will be created in the same
directory as the project. The only exception is for Mach-O builds in
Mac OS X where it will be created one level inside the executable.
[/quote]

However, I did a search:

dir V4REV_Log* /s

which found the log files here:

C:\Users\{$USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program
Files\Revolution Enterprise

This is strange place for them to be.  I realise you may not have
meant them to be there, and it might have something to do with
Microsoft's strange decisions about what should go into \VirtualStore.

But it looks like the documentation needs to be updated.  I assume
that others will find the logs go into a similar location on Vista.
Or maybe it is just an issue when Valentina is accessed from
Revolution.

Thanks, Bernard