V4REV_Log.txt not found

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 07:34:15 CST 2010

Hi, I'm confused again.

Windows Vista, Rev 4, Valentina 4.3.

I'm trying to track what is going on with my app.  So I decided to
enable the debug log.  After initializing Valentina, I call these
statements:

 put Valentina_DebugLevel( "kLogParams" ) into tDebugState
 put Valentina_DebugLevel() into tDebugState

After the first statement, tDebugState is empty.  After the 2nd
statement, tDebugState is 3.

According to the V4REV manual, I should find a file “V4REV_Log.txt” in
my project (it's not clear where that actually is: in the same folder
as the .rev file, or in the folder where Rev is installed?)  Anyway, I
assumed it meant the former.  When I couldn't find the file there, I
did this search:

C:\>dir V4REV_Log.txt /s

I only have one writeable drive on this machine, so the log file
should be somewhere on c:\.  The search does not find it, even though
it is searching the entire hard disk.

I started your "V4REV Examples" stack and found the debug example.  I
clicked the button,and 3 appeared on the UI.  I assume that means
there would be a debug log.  There were no more interactions I could
perform with that debug stack.  So I closed that stack and ran one of
the other examples to make SQL calls.  Still no log file.

I then left the debug example open and clicked the "run" button.  Then
I went to my own app and ran some things that would make calls to
valentina.  Still no debug log.

What is going wrong?

Bernard