compressor error

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 07:27:31 CST 2010

Hi

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin
<ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:
> Yes, usually if bug exists, then size of data is not so important.
>
> So may be please try create new db, and import only e.g. 100 of your file or
> what you have, to have only few MB db.
>
> Then check if this small db also reproduce error.

OK I'll try that.

> Explain please more.
>
> * What is structure of your table where is TEXT field?

Here is the SQL from a dump:

-- Valentina 3 SQL dump --
;

-- Create database
-- Note - the database creation will be skipped in case of database exists
-- But SET PROPERTY will be applied anyway
;

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS testdata WITH
SET PROPERTY
	[Mode],
	[IdentsCaseSensitive],
	[SegmentSize],
	[SchemaVersion],
	[DateTimeFormat],
	[DateSeparator],
	[TimeSeparator],
	[LocaleName],
	[StorageEncoding],
	[FrenchCollation],
	[AlternateHandling],
	[CaseFirst],
	[CaseLevel],
	[NormalizationMode],
	[Strength],
	[HiraganaQuaternaryMode],
	[NumericCollation]
of DATABASE  TO
	'kDsc_Dat_Blb_Ind',
	false,
	32768,
	1,
	'kDMY',
	'/',
	':',
	'en_GB',
	'UTF-16',
	'kOff',
	'kNonIgnorable',
	'kOff',
	'kOff',
	'kOff',
	'kTertiary',
	'kOff',
	'kOff';

;

USE testdata;

-- Dump for 'documents' table
;

CREATE TABLE "documents" (
	"body" TEXT (512) COMPRESSED  INDEXED WORDS,
	"id" STRING (24)  NOT NULL INDEXED,
	"title" VARCHAR (250) );

> * what you import and how?
>    one file to one record of table?
one file to 1 record

>    what is min/max/avg size of file?

I can't get that information directly from the database because the
compressor error prevents a statement such as: "select
avg(length(body)) from documents". Body is the compressed text field:
"select avg(length(title)) from documents".

Looking through the filesystem, I'd say these are the min/max/avg sizes:

11 kb / 14786 kb / 500 kb

> * do you enable flag INDEXED for this TEXT field?

see SQL above

But I doubt this information will be much help in the absence of a db
demonstrating the problem.  I'll try and see if I can produce one that
will fit in less than 500k for Mantis.

Regards,

Bernard