compressor error

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Jan 15 06:50:34 CST 2010

On 1/15/10 2:43 PM, "Bernard Devlin" <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've entered the bug report in Mantis
> (http://valentina-db.com/bt/view.php?id=4694).  However, the report
> submission page says that the maximum size is 500k.  Even zipped and
> compressed this database is 194mb.  Do you have an ftp server I can
> use to submit the file?
>
> I'm reluctant to make any changes to the db to reduce its size in case
> it results in the error not being reproducible.

Yes, usually if bug exists, then size of data is not so important.

So may be please try create new db, and import only e.g. 100 of your file or
what you have, to have only few MB db.

Then check if this small db also reproduce error.
You see?

> I am specifically
> trying to test the limits of Valentina to see if its something I want
> to use.  I have plans to test compression with databases in the
> multi-gigabyte size.

Explain please more.

* What is structure of your table where is TEXT field?

* what you import and how?
    one file to one record of table?
    what is min/max/avg size of file?

* do you enable flag INDEXED for this TEXT field?

    TIP: If you going do BATCH inserts,
    it is better disable index before import.