compressor error

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Jan 15 08:08:00 CST 2010

On 1/15/10 3:27 PM, "Bernard Devlin" <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bernard,

> CREATE TABLE "documents" (
> "body" TEXT (512) COMPRESSED  INDEXED WORDS,
> "id" STRING (24)  NOT NULL INDEXED,
> "title" VARCHAR (250) );
>
>> * what you import and how?
>>    one file to one record of table?
> one file to 1 record
>
>>    what is min/max/avg size of file?
>
> I can't get that information directly from the database because the
> compressor error prevents a statement such as: "select
> avg(length(body)) from documents". Body is the compressed text field:
> "select avg(length(title)) from documents".
>
> Looking through the filesystem, I'd say these are the min/max/avg sizes:
>
> 11 kb / 14786 kb / 500 kb

>From small to 14Mb.

AVG 500Kb...  Well, I think you can try then to use bigger segment size of
ths BODY field. Try 4096 bytes size.

This is just small optimization issue on disk.

>> * do you enable flag INDEXED for this TEXT field?
>
> see SQL above
>
> But I doubt this information will be much help in the absence of a db
> demonstrating the problem.  I'll try and see if I can produce one that
> will fit in less than 500k for Mantis.

Another point.

If you use MODE of db with 4 disk files,
Then you can not put into ZIP archive the .ind file.
It will be created automatically on open of db here.