Vserver connection

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Mon Jan 11 10:45:07 CST 2010

Hello Richard,

> I'm trying to connect to my server using StudioPro 4.3. I've
> installed Vserver and my Office NFR license. The Vserver is started
> and working properly. So far so good.
>
> I've turned OFF my firewall so that there is no interference. I've
> opened StudioPro/Server/Connect to.../ and filled in the correct information.
>
> DataSource:        Valentina Server
> Host:                    My Server IP
> Port:                    15432
> User:                    My Server Username
> PW:                      My Server Password
> Signature:              Not required
>
> I click "Connect" and receive an error message: "Connection could not be established."
>
> Alternatively, I've tried making Vserver and port 15432 exceptions.
> That hasn't worked either. As far as I can tell nothing else is using this port.
>
> As an additonal test I set up an FTP port and tried to connect to
> it using a third party program (SmartFTP). No problems there, connects every time.
>
> The only inconsistency I can see right now is that the StudioPro
> Datasource is "Valentina Server" while the server's name is
> "Vserver_Office", but there's no way to change the name in StudioPro.

Firstly   set  VerboseLevel=3;  in  vServer ini. Then start server and
check  the  log  -  is there any records on attempt to connect it from
vStudio?

The possible reasons are:
1. Firewall
2. Wrong IP
3. Wrong port

are  you  connecting  to  vServer  from  this  host or it is different
computer?

Send me please vserver log and vStudio connecting dialog snapshot.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database