Vserver connection

Richard McCoy mcrmedia1 at insightbb.com
Mon Jan 11 10:24:41 CST 2010

I'm trying to connect to my server using StudioPro 4.3. I've installed Vserver and my Office NFR license. The Vserver is started and working properly. So far so good.

I've turned OFF my firewall so that there is no interference. I've opened StudioPro/Server/Connect to.../ and filled in the correct information.

DataSource:        Valentina Server
Host:                    My Server IP
Port:                    15432
User:                    My Server Username
PW:                      My Server Password
Signature:              Not required

I click "Connect" and receive an error message: "Connection could not be established."

Alternatively, I've tried making Vserver and port 15432 exceptions. That hasn't worked either. As far as I can tell nothing else is using this port.

As an additonal test I set up an FTP port and tried to connect to it using a third party program (SmartFTP). No problems there, connects every time.

The only inconsistency I can see right now is that the StudioPro Datasource is "Valentina Server" while the server's name is "Vserver_Office", but there's no way to change the name in StudioPro.

Thanks.

Richard McCoy
Executive Creative Director
MCR Media Associates, LLC