Vserver licenses

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Jan 8 12:15:11 CST 2010

 Hello all,

1) I understand the difference between the Office Server and the Embedded
Server. No problem there. However, I have client serials to call the
Embedded Server but do not seem to have any for the Office Server. I thought
I would use the Office Server initially for testing because it only involves
our personnel. The Embedded licenses I intend to reserve for customers. Do I
use the Embedded serials to access the Office Server, or should I have
separate serials for that?

When you get VDN, you get Vserver NFRs, the Vserver Embedded License and a
number of ADKs. Its important to know what the differences are.

Vserver NFR = Office Server Developer Edition. You can use this for your own
internal use.

Vserver Embedded = Embedded Server that initializes to five connections on
start up. You use your developer code with this, and its the deployable to
your customers for client-server solutions for the "server" side.

ADK = local database storage + Vclient connection module. The ADK deployable
is really a collection of components. Some are service type components, such
as the Unicode DLL. Others are very specific. Where it gets tricky is
working with the "VClient" portion. If you are familiar with our iPhone
Client, that's basically the Client without local storage. Valentina Office
Server basically allows you to use any existing client to pull data from it,
without any additional cost. However, with VClient only, there is no local
storage system, so you need to make some structural decisions on how you are
going to work with your data.

2) I have the Vserver NFR license and the Vserver EMB license and the
Vserver EMB Project license. Since I intend to include reports for both my
own use and for each customer account, should I only use the Embedded
Project licenses and discard the regular Embedded licenses?

Ruslan should probably answer this its a best practices question regarding
the project files.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President