V4MD 4.5

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Sun Feb 21 03:07:16 CST 2010

Hello Christian,

> Ruslan,

> this request with VS 4.5 :
> SELECT DISTINCT concat (width, "*", height) as 'dimensions' FROM
> _type_album, _jonction_album WHERE (activation = TRUE AND idAlbum =
> _type_album.recID) ORDER by _type_album.recID
=>> crash

> SELECT DISTINCT concat (width, height) as 'dimensions' FROM
> _type_album, _jonction_album WHERE (activation = TRUE AND idAlbum =
> _type_album.recID) ORDER by _type_album.recID
=>> in progress... but without end

> with V4MD and D11.5 mac :
> SELECT DISTINCT concat (width, '*', height) as 'dimensions' FROM
> _type_album, _jonction_album WHERE (activation = TRUE AND idAlbum =
> _type_album.recID) ORDER by _type_album.recID
=>> no cursor

> with 4.3 ? no problem with VS, no problem with v4md !!!

It  was  a  beta  build  which  is  crashed  in  such  circumstances -
DISTINCT_ON_JOIN. I'm sure you trap in this issue!
So,  please  do clean reinstall vStudio and V4MD (removing all valentina
components before).

On  the current build such query works (without "order by" clause). In
any case it is NOT crashed now even with "order by".

Regarding  correct work with v. 4.3. Look - you want to get a distinct
values - so it would not be duplicated values but it is with 4.3!

Distinct  + Join + OrderBY_over_absent_in_selectlist_column prouces an
exception  now.  I  will think of it and probably it will be improved.
But  there  are a lot of workarounds I can help to find an appropriate
one if you explain me what do you need to select in plain english.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database