V4MD 4.5 -- and -- ORDER BY fld which is not in SELECT - works

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Feb 21 04:40:19 CST 2010

On 2/21/10 11:07 AM, "Ivan Smahin" <ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com> wrote:

Hi All,

First of all, we have check with Ivan, and want once again repeat here:

    We have allow ORDER BY fld, on field which is not mentioned in SELECT
    for both single table and join, few months ago.

Right now, we see, that if present yet DISTINCT, then this cause troubles,
Ivan will try fix this kind of query for 4.5.1

>> with 4.3 ? no problem with VS, no problem with v4md !!!
>

> It  was  a  beta  build  which  is  crashed  in  such  circumstances -
> DISTINCT_ON_JOIN. I'm sure you trap in this issue!
> So,  please  do clean reinstall vStudio and V4MD (removing all valentina
> components before).

And I will add again, please use

    http://www.valentina-db.com/download/beta/4.5.1b1

Or may be just wait for new 4.5.1b2,
Where I hope will be fixed this DISTINCT issue

> On  the current build such query works (without "order by" clause). In
> any case it is NOT crashed now even with "order by".
>
> Regarding  correct work with v. 4.3. Look - you want to get a distinct
> values - so it would not be duplicated values but it is with 4.3!

Lets right, this query could not work right in 4.3 also

> Distinct  + Join + OrderBY_over_absent_in_selectlist_column prouces an
> exception  now.  I  will think of it and probably it will be improved.
> But  there  are a lot of workarounds I can help to find an appropriate
> one if you explain me what do you need to select in plain english.

Christian, about your second issue -- very long query with huge IN()
part. It looks we cannot easy fix this now, because problem in code of ANTLR
library.

Better implement other qay instead of IN(), for example use tmp RAM table
with column where you put that 1,2,3, ...  And do join, or something like
this.