Licensing

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sun Sep 6 10:29:31 CDT 2009

> In case they will have single SERVER-computer, with single
> installed Valentina Office Server INFINITE, its enough for
> you to have single license of it.
>
> If you will discover that single vserver is not enough to
> handle all your users, they can install lets say 5 or 10
> server computers, with 5-10 copies of Valentina Office
> Server. In this case you also need obtain 5-10 copies of
> Valentina Office Server.
>
> I assume for such data center it needs to use INFINITE
> connections vserver.

You really will need to make an assessment on the kind of pounding the
server will take - what the maximum load will be at any one time.

> > Is there a possibility of using timeouts to drop inactive clients
> > after a specific time lapse?
>
> Yes, VSERVER have several timeouts in the INI file.
>
> I think you need now carefully read all docs about VSERVER.
> Then we can continue this discussion
>
> > Anything I really need to know in advance?
>
> It sounds you going to have a lots of clients around server.
>
> This is always critical task, so will require efforts.
> Be aware of this.

I want to reiterate what Ruslan has said here - I think you'll find
Valentina more than up to the task, but you will find both you as
administrator and you as application writer can manage the workload well.
You could, for example, write a non web client app (a part of your Director
app, for example) that automatically disengages after X amount of time of
inactivity.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President