V4RB: 2008r2 to 2009r4

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Thu Nov 19 15:02:21 CST 2009

On 11/19/09 at 3:38 PM, thohage at genericobjects.de (Thorsten
Hohage) wrote:

>On 2009-11-19, at 21:09, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
>>On 11/19/09 8:55 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:
>>> Or do I need Valentina 4.X
>>
>>I am not sure actually.
>>
>>So far it complains on your code as far as I see.
>
>AFAIR it is necessary to switch to V4 to use the "new" style
>RB. The changes was made during the beta (AFAIR V11)  and
>AFAIR(2) there was more changes necessary to successfully use
>Valentina with RB2009Vx "x" something greater then 1.

I'm not sure this is true.  If "new" style RB refers to using
the generic name Constructor for class constructor names instead
of the class name, you do not need to upgrade Valentina for
that.  I used V4RB 3.5 while RB had this restriction in place -
I forget which version it was.  The only problem was that every
time I opened my project in RB, I got the dialog box asking me
if I should let RB handle the converting of the constructor
names internally.  I would allow this and  everything was fine.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/