Forwards & Backwards Compatibility

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Nov 16 11:50:25 CST 2009

Hi Chuck,

> In 2007 I developed an app on Mac OS X 10.4 that worked. I
> returned to that app with RB 2009 on a Mac with OS X 10.6.
> Now it doesn't work. However, if I run the app from inside of
> RB 2007, it works on the newer Mac with OS X 10.6.

Ruslan may have more specific information about compatibility but, are you
sure you've eliminated all REALbasic related issues before touching the
stuff that involves Valentina? We've gotten many, many reports of
version-to-version updates to REALbasic that break projects (vanilla
projects that do not use third party controls).

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software