V4MD: Save images compressed (like png) incl. alpha

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 12 07:42:15 CDT 2009

On 3/12/09 12:12 PM, "Marc Schmitt" <Marc_Schmitt at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Marc,

> I'm wondering what is the 'best' method for putting an image (incl. aplha)
> into a db while using little space?
> Quite like the compression used in png-format...
>
> By now I extract he alpha information of an image and save two pictures: one
> with rgb-information and another one with the alpha of the director image.
> Later, I pull these two informations back together to get the image incl.
> alpha again.
>
> Is there an recommended approach without doing this extra processing, while
> keeping stored information small? Maybe tiff is the way to go, but I didn't
> find anything about setting compression methods in valentina for saving
> pictures in tiff-format..?

1) As I remember we have integrate TIFF compression few years ago.
But rare used.

You can try kTIFF instead of kJPG

Kirill?

2) you can also have way:

    save from Director using its features to PNG or TIFF on disk
    then use VBLOB.FromFile()  and later .ToFile()
    commands to load/unload file to VBLOB field as is.