V4MD: Save images compressed (like png) incl. alpha

Marc Schmitt Marc_Schmitt at gmx.de
Thu Mar 12 05:12:58 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm wondering what is the 'best' method for putting an image (incl. aplha) into a db while using little space?
Quite like the compression used in png-format...

By now I extract he alpha information of an image and save two pictures: one with rgb-information and another one with the alpha of the director image.
Later, I pull these two informations back together to get the image incl. alpha again.

Is there an recommended approach without doing this extra processing, while keeping stored information small? Maybe tiff is the way to go, but I didn't find anything about setting compression methods in valentina for saving pictures in tiff-format..?

Cheers and best regards,

Marc