still problems with Vista virtualizing my db

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Feb 19 05:06:45 CST 2009

Hello,

I still have  troubles with the virtualizing of my db on Vista.

First trial was to set the db to write protected. That worked (in my case it
is a read only db) and the db file wasn't put into the virtualStore by Vista
with the first open anymore.

But now I ran into another problem. I have an automatic update procedure for
my app and I can't update my db with a copyfile new to old, because it is
write protected.

I think there must be another solution that the db isn't virtualized by
Vista, beside setting it to write protected. If it would be a read/write db
I couldn't set it to write protected either. In a other forum somebody said
that the db engine should handle this Vista issue.

Any solution highly appreciated

Tiemo