Making installation smoother

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 19 04:24:38 CST 2009

On 2/19/09 1:57 AM, "Brendan Murphy" <bmurphy at truenorthsoftware.com> wrote:

> Ruslan wrote:
>> * So we need add 3 more archives, right?
>
> I would do all the library sets. You never know what some hot shot
> developer might come up with in automating their builds.

But right.  All libraries ARE inside of vcomponents folder.

ADK == plugin + vcomponents

All ADKs  (V4MD/V4RB/...) have the same vcomponents

>> * each such archive contains just compressed folder vcomponents right
>
> Correct. Please give them each a logical separate name for the
> folder (like vcomponents_ub, vcomponents_ppc, vcomponents_win,
> vcompnents_lin), otherwise we have to rename them when dropping
> them in each time we upgrade.

May be yes -- than more that we drop into APP not vcomponents itself for
WIN, PPC, Linux but its items.

ATTN: on Windows its not possible create ready for use MAC app, because we
need yet install_name utility to correct DYLIBs paths

> One thing to think about is when is it time to drop the PPC
> libraries since they are covered by the universal libraries and
> you might want to produce intel only libraries instead of the PPC.

This is different things.

PPC libraries required for OLD - CARBON - MAC versions of V4RB and V4Md.

Only these two products yet have this builds.
And I dream to drop them asap.

I assume most probably nobody use them already.
Just I still make them and often this cause only extra problems.