AW: still problems with Vista virtualizing my db

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Feb 19 09:29:38 CST 2009

Hello, having analysed it a bit deeper it looks like the behaviour of the db
virtualization depends on the file permission.

I removed the write protection of the db file, to be able to update the file

I set the file permission of the db file to everyone-readexec

Made a new install of my app with the db - no virtualization

Started my app - the db file is being virtualized immediately with opening
it at prog start.

I set the file permission of the db file to everyone-modify

Made a new install of my app with the db - no virtualization

Started my app - no virtualization

Loaded an update for an app file and the db file - no virtualization

Started my App - the db file is being virtualized immediately with opening
it at prog start. The other updated app file is not being virtualized.

>From now on this happens for every user, who opens my app on this machine
and works from now on with an old copy of the db after the next update,
because Vista never updates the virtual store again.

Obviously either the rev engine or the valentina engine makes something,
what provokes Vista to virtualize the db. But only after an update???

Any idea?

Thanks

Tiemo

  _____