Making installation smoother

Brendan Murphy bmurphy at truenorthsoftware.com
Wed Feb 18 17:57:27 CST 2009

Ruslan wrote:
> * So we need add 3 more archives, right?

I would do all the library sets. You never know what some hot shot
developer might come up with in automating their builds.

> * each such archive contains just compressed folder vcomponents right

Correct. Please give them each a logical separate name for the
folder (like vcomponents_ub, vcomponents_ppc, vcomponents_win,
vcompnents_lin), otherwise we have to rename them when dropping
them in each time we upgrade.

One thing to think about is when is it time to drop the PPC
libraries since they are covered by the universal libraries and
you might want to produce intel only libraries instead of the PPC.