4,294,967,296 tuples problem

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Dec 17 11:10:47 CST 2009

On 12/17/09 4:51 PM, "Sims, John (CDC/CCHP/NCBDDD) (CTR)" <ayu8 at cdc.gov>
wrote:

> Hi Ruslan and William,
>

>> Ruslan Zasukhin said:
>>
>> You mean value of probably, ULLONG field?
>>
>> I think problem is that REV plugin cannot work with int64
>
> For information purposes as you try to determine how you want to handle
> the data, it appears that Rev's largest numerical range is
> 9007199254740992 to -9007199254740992 (+/- 2^53).
>
> William, it might be a good feature request to submit to RunRev to
> support Int64.  It seems that Paradigma and RunRev have a very good
> relationship so maybe Lynn or Ruslan could contact Kevin directly and
> suggest it???

The more pressing and requests the better :)

> (Or, at least find out what the difficutly would be in
> RunRev supporting it and add a "best practices" way of dealing with
> large numerical values between Val and Rev to the wiki)

REALbasic also many years did not have int64, they have add it couple of
years ago only.

William, are you sure that you need such huge ID?
I bet that just ULONG (4 bytes) will be enough for you.

Or your really going to have table with more than 4 billion records?

In fact this is limitation of Valentina engine.
A Table can have up to 4 billion records.
This is why RecID also is of ULONG type.