Contemplating a change to Valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Aug 22 01:53:04 CDT 2009

On 8/22/09 7:46 AM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

> 4. What other search options are available in Valentina? I assume I can do:
> 'Begins with', 'Ends with', 'Contains', 'Greater than', 'Less than', 'Is',
> 'Isn't' - are there others?

Yes

You have operators = <> > <

You have LIKE

And you have even powerful REGEX

> 5. Are my existing SQLite database tables able to be imported into Valentina
> or do I have to create them from the beginning? (no big deal, would just make
> life easier!)

> 6. How easy would it be to import the data from my existing SQLite database?

A) if possible export to SQL dump then load this dump using Vstudio or V4RB
example LoadSQL

B) setup ODBC source around SqlLite DB and import using Vstudio ODBC import

C) Export SqlLite table by table into TEXT format (coma/TAB separated)
    manually create tables in Valentina, load TEX file with records

> 7. There are a large number of examples that downloaded with V4RB_4, which
> ones would be the best to start with? I find them confusing as there is no
> "Read Me" to explain what they do - although some of them are self
> explanatory.

> Just work through them.

Actually in the WIKI exists Example Guide

http://valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:examples
:guide:guide

> 8. I have tried the tutorial
> (http://valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:v4rb:tuto
> rial:lesson1) - but could not get it to work - is there a file of the
> completed tutorial I could look at to see where I went wrong?

I believe that in first paragraph of tutorial should be link on READY file.