Contemplating a change to Valentina -- deployment

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Aug 22 01:43:39 CDT 2009

On 8/22/09 2:29 AM, "Greg Olson-Hyde" <greg at hawkmount.com> wrote:

Hi Greg,

> 1. My complete app, on the Mac using SQLite, would consist of the RB file
> (10MB) and the SQLite database file (63MB) - what files would I have to ship
> if I use Valentina - is the database engine built-in (V4RB.rbx?) or is it
> external to the RB app? Approximately what sizes would they be? I am hoping I
> don't have to ship the 80MB Valentina Studio Pro app with my app! I will also
> be shipping for Windows and Linux.

You need read this instructions:

http://valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:v4rb:man
ual:deployment:deployment

You do not need deploy Vstudio of course :-)

Full size of vcomponents is about 20MB
Check it here
    /usr/local/lib/vcomponents

As I see you need only vkenrel.dylib
Not needed vclient and vreport + wx
So if this is very ciritical you can try remove them from final ap built by
our deployment scrip.