V4MD and D11.5 - Can't find XTRA?

Sean Wilson sean at mixed-messages.co.nz
Tue Apr 7 18:17:38 CDT 2009

Hi Irv,

> Can somebody please tell me what I have to do to get this going?

The simplest option is to run the Windows installer (on your Windows
machine, of course). By simply copying files, you are probably missing a
PATH environment variable (that isn't required for a deployed application).
For example - and I'm not suggesting you copy any of this onto your
computer - when I hit Windows(key) + Break (to bring up the System
Properties dialog), go to the Advanced tab and click the Environment
Variables button towards the bottom, in the lower pane (System
variables) under Path (if I hit edit and copy-and-paste) I have:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;D:\UltraEdit-32;C:\Program
Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin;C:\Program Files\Paradigma
Software\VComponents_Win_VC;D:\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\binn\;D:\QuickTime\QTSystem\;D:\TortoiseSVN\bin

Note the entry above for "VComponents_Win_VC" - that's probably what
you're missing; but again, you'd be safer to run the installer.

HTH,
Sean