V4MD and D11.5 - Can't find XTRA?

Irv Kalb Irv at furrypants.com
Tue Apr 7 18:44:47 CDT 2009

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your quick response.

But I did run the installer.  (I only copied my Director files from
my Mac to my PC.)  The installer put all the files in the places I
described.

I am just not a Windows guy.  I wanted to look at the PATH
environment variable as you suggested, but it took me forever to find
the Break key :).  I finally found it and followed your steps to find
the Path variable.  Just like yours, mine is very long, but contains
the exact same path to the V components:
  C:\Program Files\Paradigma Software\VComponents_Win_VC

So it looks like I've installed it the right way.

Any other suggestions???

Thanks,

Irv

At 11:17 AM +1200 4/8/09, Sean Wilson wrote:
>Hi Irv,
>
>>  Can somebody please tell me what I have to do to get this going?
>
>The simplest option is to run the Windows installer (on your Windows
>machine, of course). By simply copying files, you are probably missing a
>PATH environment variable (that isn't required for a deployed application).
>For example - and I'm not suggesting you copy any of this onto your
>computer - when I hit Windows(key) + Break (to bring up the System
>Properties dialog), go to the Advanced tab and click the Environment
>Variables button towards the bottom, in the lower pane (System
>variables) under Path (if I hit edit and copy-and-paste) I have:
>%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;D:\UltraEdit-32;C:\Program
>Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin;C:\Program Files\Paradigma
>Software\VComponents_Win_VC;D:\Microsoft SQL
>Server\90\Tools\binn\;D:\QuickTime\QTSystem\;D:\TortoiseSVN\bin
>
>Note the entry above for "VComponents_Win_VC" - that's probably what
>you're missing; but again, you'd be safer to run the installer.
>
>HTH,
>Sean

Multimedia R Us