V4MD and D11.5 - Can't find XTRA?

Irv Kalb Irv at furrypants.com
Tue Apr 7 18:02:23 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm sure this is simple, but I can't figure it out.  I have a large
Director application which I typically develop on my Mac, and it uses
Valentina.  My environment is set up fine.  Now, I want to test my
application with the new Director 11.5 - on Windows XP.

I downloaded and installed Director 11.5.  I copied all my Director
files from my Mac to my PC, and tried to run.  Finally, I needed my
XTRAs, so I downloaded the Valentina installation program.  I run the
installer, and accept the default locations.  It creates:

C:
   Program Files
     Paradigma Software
       Bonjour
           mdnsNNSP.dll
           mDNSResponder.exe
       V4MD_3
           ADK_EULA.rtf
           ReadMe.rtf
           V4MD.x32
      V4MD_4
           unins000.dat
           unins000.exe
      VComponents_Win_VC
           Microsoft.VC80.CRT   (folder)
           VResources    (folder)
           (many).dll files

Finally, i copied the V4MD.x32 to the proper place in the Adobe
Director XTRAs folder and rebooted my machine.

When I run my program I get the follow alert:

______

Script error: Symbol expected

pxValentina = new (Xtra("Valentina"))

<Void>
_______

(That same line correctly initializes Valentina on the Mac)

I read the Valentina Wiki, and it says:

To check that Valentina Xtra is installed correctly go to the script
window and open menu "Scripting Xtras" in this window. You should see
in menu such Xtras as

Valentina
VDatabase
VCursor
VField

However, I don't see any of these XTRAs.  So, I'm sure that I have
some problem with the placement of files on the PC side, but I can't
figure out what's wrong.

Can somebody please tell me what I have to do to get this going?

Thanks in advance.

Irv

--

Multimedia R Us