Valentina, XP SP3 and Vista crash (desperate)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Sep 11 13:33:38 CDT 2008

On 9/11/08 8:32 PM, "Bill Mounce" <rb at teknia.com> wrote:

Hi Bill,

> I am one day from having to press a major CD and I still can't get
> Valentina to work. (I am using REALBasic, but the problem is probably
> general.)
>
> I have an app the works perfectly in XP SP2. In SP1 and SP3 it crashes
> on boot saying that it cannot find Valentina (VException). All the
> files are there, lose in the same directory as the app.
>
> It never works in Vista, and all I get is this generic error.
>
> Ruslan suspects it is a permissions thing.
>
> Have any of you come across this? I am compiling on the Mac with
> REALBasic 2008 release 2 and using Valentina UB 3.5.2.

May be you need try compile it right on Windows?

Kirill compile it on Windows and everything works as he have point.
May be this is glitch from RB somehow?
May be Kirill using other RB version?

Also I was going ask you:
    if you do not have own win computer, then who is testing for you?
    or you use some win simulator ?
    may be you need try real win ?

> Thanks so much.
>
> Bill
>
> NOTE: WHEN I PULL MY DIRECTORY (WITH THE AP AND THE DATABASE) OUT OF
> THE APPLICATIONS FOLDER, EVERYTHING WORKS. APPARENTLY THIS IS ALSO THE
> PROBLEM IN XP SP3.

I have not catch this. Why "my directory" you pull out ?