Valentina, XP SP3 and Vista crash (desperate)

Bill Mounce rb at teknia.com
Thu Sep 11 12:32:36 CDT 2008

Help,

I am one day from having to press a major CD and I still can't get
Valentina to work. (I am using REALBasic, but the problem is probably
general.)

I have an app the works perfectly in XP SP2. In SP1 and SP3 it crashes
on boot saying that it cannot find Valentina (VException). All the
files are there, lose in the same directory as the app.

It never works in Vista, and all I get is this generic error.

Ruslan suspects it is a permissions thing.

Have any of you come across this? I am compiling on the Mac with
REALBasic 2008 release 2 and using Valentina UB 3.5.2.

Thanks so much.

Bill

NOTE: WHEN I PULL MY DIRECTORY (WITH THE AP AND THE DATABASE) OUT OF
THE APPLICATIONS FOLDER, EVERYTHING WORKS. APPARENTLY THIS IS ALSO THE
PROBLEM IN XP SP3.