Installing different versions of VStudio on one machine

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Sep 4 10:43:06 CDT 2008

On 9/4/08 5:34 PM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:

Hi Steve,

> For testing purposes, I would like to be able to run different version of
> VStudio on my Macintosh.  But, it seems to me that we are limited to only one
> version because VStudio relies on the files stored in the VComonents folder in
> the /usr/local/lib.

NO.

Vstudio and VSERVER both are standalone apps.
They have all in self.

You can open them as packages and to see that vcomponents folder is inside.
So you can easy have many copies of each such app on HDD.

> Am I misunderstanding how this works?  During my last episode with SQL that
> was crashing VStudio, it would have been so nice to simply create a new
> account on my Mac and then install a newer version of VStudio to test without
> having to destroy my development environment.
>
> Our distributed apps can use different versions of Valentina on the same
> machine if we install them appropriately.  Why not VStudio?

You also can prepare YOUR V4RB/V4MD/V4REV apps in such way.

Please read
     WIKI V4RB MANUAL Deployment

Section about this