Installing different versions of VStudio on one machine

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Thu Sep 4 10:57:09 CDT 2008

On Thursday, September 4, 2008 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>On 9/4/08 5:34 PM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>> For testing purposes, I would like to be able to run different version of
>> VStudio on my Macintosh.  But, it seems to me that we are limited to only one
>> version because VStudio relies on the files stored in the VComonents folder in
>> the /usr/local/lib.
>
>NO.
>
>Vstudio and VSERVER both are standalone apps.
>They have all in self.
>
>You can open them as packages and to see that vcomponents folder is inside.
>So you can easy have many copies of each such app on HDD.

If so, then why does the VStudio installer put VComponents here:
    /usr/local/lib/

In your instructions for people having problems installing VStudio, you tell them to trash those files.  Why?  If VStudio is a standalone app, why trash those files?

>You also can prepare YOUR V4RB/V4MD/V4REV apps in such way.
>
>Please read
>     WIKI V4RB MANUAL Deployment

Yes, this I understand and I do deploy my RB apps in this way.  But I must have a major misunderstanding because I don't see that VStudio is deployed in the same manner.  If it was, why would I need the installer package in the first place.  I should be able to copy the VStudio app to the Applications folder and not have to run an installer.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/