Installing different versions of VStudio on one machine

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Thu Sep 4 09:34:14 CDT 2008

For testing purposes, I would like to be able to run different version of VStudio on my Macintosh.  But, it seems to me that we are limited to only one version because VStudio relies on the files stored in the VComonents folder in the /usr/local/lib.

Am I misunderstanding how this works?  During my last episode with SQL that was crashing VStudio, it would have been so nice to simply create a new account on my Mac and then install a newer version of VStudio to test without having to destroy my development environment.

Our distributed apps can use different versions of Valentina on the same machine if we install them appropriately.  Why not VStudio?

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/