AW: AW: AW: Building Valentina Standalone for runrev and Mac fails

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Oct 8 10:08:22 CDT 2008

On 08.10.2008 at 16:18 Uhr +0200 Tiemo Hollmann TB apparently wrote:
>Hi Robert,
>yes, obviously the connection to the valentina externals fails, but as far
>as I understood the system I don't have any influence on the link to the
>externals. I thought the deployment building script on the Mac would care
>for the right path of the externals! - not? I just have to care for the
>right path to my db, ok, but I don't come that far to connect to my db,
>because I don't get any dbref string from the VDatabase_Constructor() -
>where the path to the db isn't relevant yet. Or did I misunderstood you?
>Thanks
>Tiemo

The problem of externals in standalones was discussed not so long ago
on Use-Rev, I believe, so searching there may give you answers.

You do have influence on the external connection. The app builder may
not do it or may not do it right. Some Rev developers always set it
dynamically when the standalone loads.

However, if external is not available, you should be getting a
different error (unless you don't check for execution errors in your
script).

Robert