Character conversion in V4MD again

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Nov 10 05:16:57 CST 2008

On 11/10/08 1:09 PM, "Alexey Starchikhin" <ssa at sevenrays.ru> wrote:

> Hello all,

I'm working on multilingual product, using Director MX 2004
> and
Valentina 3. First problem i encountered was conversion of special
symbols
> in different languages from Valentina unicode to Director
internal ASCII.
> Finally i've managed to get all languages working by
manipulation with
> "ioEncoding" property (it's undocumented
unfortunately).  Now for Russian
> strings i'm using pDbo.ioEncoding =
"Windows-1251", and for other languages
> (German, French, Italian,
Spanish) - pDbo.ioEncoding = "ISO-8859-1"  With this
> setting all
special symbols are in place. All but few important exeptions.

I am not sure, but as I remember, D8-D10 supports 14 Western encodings.

They are manually sticked in the .dir file,
    tables of conversion from MAC to WIN

So even if Russian will work on WIN, most probably .dir will not work on
MAC.