Need help getting data

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Thu Mar 6 04:44:11 CST 2008

Hi,

I really didn't know what you "really" want to know, but

On 2008-02-06, at 03:15, Information Team wrote:

> I need to get event Id from current presentation and get the
> ElementData info from database and show all "ElementData" records
> that correlate with the event ID in the EventElements Table
>
> <code>
> SELECT EventElements.EventID, EventElements.ElementData
> FROM EventElements;
> </code>

so when you want to get only records that match the ID criterie, then
you must use a "where"-Clause (this should give you a good start in
wiki or samples).

In your given example it would perhaps looks like

SELECT ElementData FROM EventElements where EventID = 4711;

In most "API"s of Vaentina you've got the option to define the query
with a parameter and then set the parameter again and again to
retrieve the data. But I didn't know enough of Director to give you a
sample here.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--