V4MD: Multiple opened Projector edit the same local db -> is that safe?

Marc Schmitt Marc_Schmitt at gmx.de
Mon Jun 9 10:07:54 CDT 2008

Hello List,

I am using V4MD on Windows and quite a noob - so please don't laugh ;)
I am manipulating a local db from a director projector and everything is fine (sql-way).

I hope my explanation is understandable:

When somebody opens the same director-projector again (maybe on the same pc or maybe over the intranet) and also wants to edit the same db simultaneously, can this be a problem?

I tested it a little bit with a few opened exes on the same pc and there was no crash or error message so far.

But: I realised that when you edit the db, the other running projectors ignore the changes (the result of queries look like there was no change at all ). I have to close the projectors and start them again to see the changes that were made. Every projector only 'sees' its own manipulations.

I tried the db.flush() but that didn't change anything.

My question is:
Is that what I'm trying to do safe (and just need a hint how the other projectors get the changes)  or is this a complete no-go?

Thanks and best regards,

bollili