demo stack // Style of work with single user app. Using of VSERVER DEMO for free.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 7 07:52:20 CDT 2008

On 6/7/08 3:34 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would prefer to stay in single user.
>

> ---Where you see here big problems?
>
> --Yes I understand, that you want keep db opened in vstudio, but this may work
> --only if app do only OPEN, but do not do CREATE DB.
>
> Is this true?

Sorry, bad my text above.

I mean that even in SqlLite managers you can keep db opened in Manager only
if your REV code do not create db, right ?

As only you create db at the same path -- Manager should go crazy

-----------------
> I want to be able to work with the database with both tools at the same time.
> Not for development but for the work that my project does. I can see that this
> is even more important when vStudio can make reports.

Okay, yes I remember now.

You want that YOUR REV APP and Vstudio was used by your users in the same
time.

William -- Valentina Server is the best way here.
Why? Was explained already.

> Being able to work with both opens makes things a lot easier (from experience
> doing this with SQLiteManager and RunRev)

What about 2 Managers and One REV APP?
    also works ?

May be you have only illusion that it works?
And it is possible easy catch conflicts ?
    one user update records?
    what see second user?

    what about record locks? SqlLite do not have them.
    It have kind of lock on the whole db.

Exists many of traps in multi-user environment (starting from 2).
And big dbs spend years to resolve them...

Few months ago I have see on inet article discussing about use of MS Access
with SHARED ACCESS for multi-user. It have nice words about huge tears they
have often. And this is about MS (!) Access, which is 100 heads forward to
SqlLite by complexity and technology.