demo stack // Style of work with single user app. Using of VSERVER DEMO for free.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 7 07:23:35 CDT 2008

On 6/7/08 3:07 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working with 3.5.2 release but I figure that it would be more useful to
> you to test it with 3.6 beta to make sure that the bugs aren't fixed already
> or changed.
>
> I am excited about trying the new features in 3.6 too.

Ok.

> --- Again the biggest drawback with single user experience is that I cannot
> use Valentina Studio and my RunRev program calling the same database at the
> same time.

But if you sooooo need this???

For example, I self have develop RB or REV projects, e.g. The same examples
of Valentina.

So I seat in REV IDE or RB IDE or VB IDE, type code of example.
Then RUN example. See results. Go back to code.

So I have loop as

    WRITE CODE
    RUN APP
        OPEN/CREATE DB
            work with DB
        CLOSE DB
    STOP APP

Valentina Studio is not so important in this development loop.

And even if I need to look inside of DB to see visually, what I have made by
CODE, I just open that db between sessions, check it, then close back.

Where you see here big problems?

Yes I understand, that you want keep db opened in vstudio, but this may work
only if app do only OPEN, but do not do CREATE DB.

> For this functionality I want to try vServer although you can tell
> from my user experience that I am reluctant to complicate matters.

Well, yes looks to be. :-)

You cannot image how I will be happy when you will make everything working
:-)

BTW, TIP.

Valentina Office Server can work in demo mode the whole month.
Then you can download new demo license at 1 day of next month and continue
start to use it without purchasing.

So this way give you ability get benefit of VSERVER during development as
you want. Then change one line of code and get single user app to deploy.