why does put revOpenDatabases() not work?

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 13:23:44 CDT 2008

I don't believe the latest thing I just figured out. The databases created
with Valentina Studio which have have four files, a .blb file a .dat file
and a .ind file and a forth file with no extension are not recognized by
Runtime Revolution.
I do not know if they are Valentina3 or Valentina2 files as when looking at
them in valentina studio 3.5.2 it calls them "Valentina V2 Database" and of
course these are the files Valentina Studio makes when you say new database.

Now the files that come as examples with a new V4REV_3 install all end in
".vdb" and these files open with Runtime Revolution but DO NOT OPEN IN
VALENTINA STUDIO.

I am sure that, as always, this is something I'm doing wrong but it is the
result of many days of fooling with this that I finally figured this out.
And I've read everything on the WIKI.

I remember that old versions of Valentina Studio had a preference or an
option when you made  a new database where you could choose make "one file"
so maybe that has something to do with this.

I can't believe how difficult it is to figure out how to use Valentina with
RunRev.

Also the files created with Valentina Studio can be opened in RunRev the
Valentina API way.

And believe me when I try to open them the RunRev way I try every
combination "Valentina2" and "Valentina3" (by the way many of the
combinations bring down RunRev with a huge crash).

I would be perfectly happy (maybe) to do everything in RunTime revolution
and my database the API way except that some of the API ways of doing things
are pretty hard to figure out -- like a simple SQL query to quickly see a
list of all records that is easy to do with the RunRev database calls.