[V4RB] dialog about need of RB PRO ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Feb 24 02:48:19 CST 2008

On 24/2/08 5:08 AM, "Thomas Cunningham" <mauitom at maui.net> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> Thanks Ruslan. Getting the right product always helps. :-)
>
> * So, I am getting a dialog about needing the professional edition of
> Rb. I only run the standard version. So, does this mean I can not use
> your product?

You can :-)

Read carefully page about installation

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:v4rb:manual:installation:installation&s=disablerbdb>

> * One thing I think you really need on your web site is a brief
> paragraph about what the heck your product can do. In other words,
> what kind of jobs are suitable for a database. Perhaps you do not
> market to beginner programmers, but if you do, I would sure like to
> know why I should take the time to learn this area of programming.

Well, I think you can find these words on this page for Revolution newbie
developers. Take only general words about dbs

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:v4rev:howto:databases_from_zero:databases_from_zero>

--------------------
What is a Database? - Databases are a special kind of technology for
handling lots of information. Databases let you store your information in a
way that is safe, fast and flexible, allowing you to reuse it again and
again without creating any additional, unneccesary work.

Why Use a Database - Now that you know what a database is - why use one?

What is in a Database and Why Excel ISNT a Database - A lot of people think
a database is just a list and Excel does a good job in handling lists. It
does! But Excel makes a lousy database. Learn why.

Btw, we can extract this pages on UPPER level for all ADKs users. Not only
revolution.