New page "Docs" on web site

M Young m.young at mac.com
Sun Feb 24 11:02:31 CST 2008

Hi Ruslan,

I am glad that you did not catch what I was trying to say, because on
rereading what I wrote, I am not quite sure what I am trying to
say. :) Let me try again.

The link that you provided could become a logical link from the ROOT
document page to all the RB docs. The "documentation" link that you
point out with ^^^^^^^^^^^ does point back to the ROOT document page.
My concern is that folks new to Valentina might find their way to the
specific Valentina product documentation pages, for example RB docs,
and not realize that they need more Valentina documentation. What clue
currently exists on the RB docs page to suggest that other product
docs are probably going to be relevant? By putting the "Big 6" (KERNEL
through VDN) at the bottom of each development tool page with
tooltips, it might become more obvious to new Valentina folks that
these Big 6 are probably going to be important.

BTW, I was curious if I could find the RB docs. I did a search from
the Valentina home page using the search box in the right upper part
of browser. I used the search term(s) "rb documentation" without the
quotes. I was presented search results no wiki pages and just two PDF
documents: Valentina 2 for REALbasic Reference <http://www.paradigmasoft.com/docs/V4RB_Reference_3_en.pdf
 > and Valentina 2 Database Kernel <http://www.paradigmasoft.com/docs/ValentinaKernel_3_en.pdf
 > . This result could send new users down a dead end or wrong
documentation path. I found it confusing that the PDF names had 3 not
2 in the name.

Regards,

Michael