New page "Docs" on web site

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Feb 23 00:28:39 CST 2008

On 22/2/08 11:13 PM, "M Young" <m.young at mac.com> wrote:

> I like the look of the page.
>
> Valentina for Cocoa
>       install register
>       features tutorial examples
>       manual deploy faqs tips
>
> Since clicking on one of these links gets page with "This topic does
> not exist yet," I would like to ask will each word (install, etc.)
> link to a separate page?

Yes of course.

I develop now the STRUCTURE of this page, and now it is more clean missing
pages for this or that product. After more or less polishing of this page I
am going spend time to setup all this WIKI pages to exists, and to have nice
text.

Next step will be add Getting Started for each product, with description of
architecture of e.g. V4RB plugin...

Also I will try check again what exists for DokuWiki to make kind of Index
or LeftSideBar in the Valentina WIKI.

I believe that problem is not with WIKI itself, but with fact that
specifically in our Valentina wiki do not present plain index of
pages/parts. This comes from nature of this DokuWiki. It is not DBMS-based
as most others wiki... And I have choose it in the past because it is on top
rating by popularity on freshmeat.com...

--------------------
> Typo:
> Valentina Articles
>       Tech Introduction
>       Databse Models
>         ^^^^^
>       Database
>
> I understand the idea of a ROOT page for the docs, but will this page
> seem overwhelming to folks new to Valentina?

This is exactly for new users target...

Well, note that also yesterday I have improve page "Documentation"
E.g.
    http://www.paradigmasoft.com/en/products/documentation/V4RB

> Since many of the products have the same install, manual, faqs (is
> faqs or faq the more common term these days?), would a table be more
> efficient?
>
>                    Cocoa   Director RB   Rev   Etc. (alphabetized)
> install
> register
> features
> tutorial
> examples
> manual
> etc.

I afraid that

1) table can become not enough if we will need more columns.
    in the current style we do not limited for this or that product

2) Table I have try made on this page:

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:documentation>

3) question is what <word> write in the CELL, we need it to make link
itself.

> Could cookies for this page keep track of what product(s) someone
> searched/used, so those products are more prominent (ie top of page)?

I think this is not right. May be I was on V4RB page and now I really want
jump to something else. Then how I will find ALL docs?

> As the page is currently constructed, I cannot see Valentina for PHP
> and Valentina for Ruby when the page loads on my 1440 by 900
> resolution monitor. Maybe the product table would get everything onto
> one page without scrolling.

Yes this is the dream. May be 3 columns ...
Small font looks not very nice...