Getting out...

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Wed Feb 13 04:07:37 CST 2008

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to be late on this but I checked RealSQLServer a few weeks ago.
In fact it looks good. The server has a graphic interface and it looks
like a Mac application. This is really appealing for both the
developer and the final client. However, to say the true, I am really
concerned it is a RealSoftware product. My concern comes from the way
RealSoftware offers new releases, they have become slow and mostly
unresponsive. I have been using RB software for almost 8 years so far
and despite I find RealBasic a quite good product I am really
concerned about there release scheme. 3 months cycles, very few bug
fixes, lot of new bugs on each release and no patches. I am quite tired.

I have been using Valentina for 8 years as well and I can say they
offer a much better service. I started 8 years ago asking Ruslan thru
the Valentina list and today I am still talking to that same Ruslan...
the same for Ivan. I have always received the fixes I asked for and
the applications I created with Valentina has been on sale for about 6
years without major problems. I can't say the same of RB, they have
become opaque, most people I used to talk with has gone, in the last
12 months they haven't fixed a single bug I reported and son on.

So personally, I prefer dealing with Unix and obscure stuff with
Valentina involved that with RB database product despite its graphic
interface. I guess it would be easy to create a front-end for
Valentina server but I have never tried. Did you?

To finish Jeff, please take the time to fill reports and request
stuff. On the long run it will be a win-win situation for all of us.

Stan