Getting out... -> docs--wrap it up

Jeff Justice listaccount at starionline.com
Wed Feb 13 04:05:34 CST 2008

>>> Jeff pointed to (in his eyes) non standard behaviour for Valentina
>>> on OSX, which I find strange coming from somebody working with
>>> RealBasic (as are we). I can find numerous non OS-compliant issues
>>> with RB, so what?
>>

>>> So I say let's just leave it there, instead of wasting energy on
>>> this topic.
>>
>> So that means that we should never strive to make it better by
>> talking
>> about it?  I have interface discussions with our users CONSTANTLY.
>> Our user interface is constantly evolving and getting better each
>> time.
>
> Jeff,
>
> This is why we talk here with you 3 days even although agree your
> letters
> was very aggressive and even promote third party tool on our list.
>
> Do you know that REAL have ban me and Lynn from its lists and forums?
> For weeks and months on REAL lists there is no even word " Valentina"
> because they fight with this in dirty ways.
>
> We are open for discussion in contrast, because we really want to
> hear any
> word about how we can improve Valentina. And we really want to hear
> when
> somebody says:
>    "look on this feature of that product.
>     It seems to be nice. Can you add it?"

Yes, I understand all this.  And I told you in the very beginning that
I thought Valentina had a lot of powerful features, but things needed
polishing up.  I am not anti-Valentina.  As others have said on this
list, you would attract more paying customers if your product was
easier to implement, and this comes from having more polished software.

> Just if you really want keep Valentina on target yet (at last of end
> you
> have its license and may be few months ago you will catch new
> project which
> will fit Valentina), please report your found issues to this list in
> more
> friendly form, and even better report them as bug reports or feature
> requests to Mantis. The same can be done for docs. Mantis have section
> "DOCS" also.
>
> Let me underline, and you can check this easy self, that PARADIGMA
> have fix
> 98% reported issues to Mantis. 1% left are feature requests which
> are not 5
> minutes to implement, and 1% are not reproduced bugs.
>

>>> Ruslan, I'm sure you have better things to do :-) (can't wait)
>>
>> Okay, so who is responsible for interface problems?  I'll go bother
>> them. :)
>
> For Valentina Studio issues exists SEPARATE list actually "Valentina
> Studio"
>    You can subscribe to it from our HOME->SUPPORT page

I have been subscribed since the day we purchased the license.  The
discussion simply wandered off-topic over here.  I will try to do
better about keeping the discussion where it should be.

> Valentina Studio is developed by Jochen and Igor Nikitin mainly.
> These developers are NOT members of our KERNEL team. I hope that we
> can
> start plug KERNEL team into testing, source overview and even
> development of
> Valentina Studio more and more soon.

We got into Valentina believing that the VStudio would be a quick way
of "learning" the ropes of programming Valentina.  As it turned out we
never got VStudio to work reliably/consistently.  I guess I'm just
saying to you that VStudio is the graphic representation of your
server product, and that's the first thing that a lot of people and
new users will have their first experience with Valentina.

Jeff J.