Getting out... -> docs

Jeff Justice listaccount at starionline.com
Wed Feb 13 03:26:17 CST 2008

>>> 1) What a wonder?
> So you still need to program?
>
>    !!! Btw, can you show how exactly? :-)
>    !!! way which works from any platform to any platform.
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Page 122-126 of the manual.

> 2) okay, in 1 minute I already have step on bug.
>    I have start RSS via terminal, the ADMIN cannot stop it.

I haven't confirmed that, but that's not any worse than Valentina
stopping via Terminal and not being able to start by double-clicking
the app.  But if you want to compare bugs, how about columns that
don't refresh in VStudio?  And speaking of which, if you want to see
an elegant and user correct GUI way to change the admin password of
the database, consider RSS method in Admin.

> 3) So admin assume only one server can run on single computer?
>    do you image that in reality its possible to have few?
>
> With Valentina we can have Valentina Office and Valentina Embedded
> server
> running.

Not sure what your point is.  Valentina Office and Valentina Embedded
Server are two different products.  Are you saying I would want to run
multiple instances of a database server on one machine?  Or are you
saying managing multiple RSS servers with the Admin?  If so, simply
pull down the "File/Connect" menu, connect to another server. Now you
have two Admin windows open, one for each server.  This could have
been just as easily programmed into one window as well.

> 4) Remote it cannot start ... So you catch frustration tomorrow when
> you
> want Start/stop server on other computer ... Cool.

How do you figure?  A simple GUI program to create an SSH terminal
connection to remote.  Run command line start, or stop if you want.
User never has to type a single letter.  Already do this and it works
fine.  As a matter of fact, I changed my code a bit and it works with
Valentina too.

> 5) Valentina Servers show self on Bonjour. So when you start Valentina
> Studio it finds automatically all running SERVERs in the local
> network.
> And the main YOUR OWN  RB application can do this.

Not terribly important to me.  I only have a handful of servers and I
know where the databases are located.  I don't need to be shown where
they are.

> And I remember was developer which have develop complex solutions for
> schools on this. It starts and find all vservers which runs on local
> schools
> network. So in fact with Valentina you easy get info if servers are
> running.

Jeff J.