Getting out... -> docs

Jeff Justice listaccount at starionline.com
Tue Feb 12 16:16:02 CST 2008

Once again, this isn't even what I'm talking about.  It is about
convenience and doing things right.  Did you all read my previous
message?

So, to put it in Thorsten's terms.

"Please help me, I've an issue here....I cannot get VServer Office to
launch correctly when double-clicking the application.  It starts,
then the process becomes unresponsive after 10 seconds or so.  After
that happens, VServer Office cannot be started with any method without
rebooting the server machine."

Since I've already been down this road with Ruslan, his answer was,
and will probably be again "that's not the right way to launch VServer
Office".

To which I say "then why is it even double-clickable?"  Response: "To
bundle all the pieces together".

Back to square one, no answer as to why it doesn't work for us, why he
using an app bundle, and we haven't even gotten around to
troubleshooting the actual problem yet!  The conversations alway seem
to start out with "why are you doing it that way and why would you
want to do that?"  My Mail program doesn't crash just because I click
on certain things in the wrong order, why should VStudio?  And the
cycle goes around yet again.

This has been my experience with just about every problem I've
encountered with Valentina, it just goes around and around with no
other answer than "that's just the way it is, deal with it".

I submitted several things to Mantis about Valentina Studio, but I
always got the distinct impression that my concerns about interface
issues and crashing were trivial, because I was told I could always
"get around them" through code. Back to the convenience thing again.

For me it's a simple equation.  6 months of messing with Valentina and
no database created.  1 week with RB and I'm almost half way through
the project.  What does that say about documentation, setup,
licensing, etc.?  There's something wrong there.

Jeff J.