Valentina for iPhone - Discussion.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Dec 10 04:30:27 CST 2008

On 12/10/08 12:15 PM, "Trausti Thor Johannsson" <tj at quarksbar.net> wrote:

Hi Trausti,

Thank you for feeback.

> I do see a need for simpler database on the iphone.  The C library to use
> with sqlite is well not very friendly,

Yes I check now code of SqlLite book example.
And I cannot say I like it.

> and I haven't found any easy to use classes.I do not see a need to have 8GB
> database, but a fast and simple one I do see.

1) So you mean here something as
    Valentina for Cocoa?

Yes, AFTER I have send first letter, I realize that we can try provide not
only THREE different combnations of LIBs, but we can try produce

A) C++ libs
B) Cocoa libs
C) C libs     ---- but I think may be no need in it.

2) I wonder, CoreData not works on iPhone?
    or you do not want use it ?

> For example, a class where you just give it a filename, and all sql queries
> would return NSDictionary (or Mutable).
>
> Simple straight forward and fast is the keyword, not huge, but a 1+ GB
> database could well be an option as I see it.

Okay.

It seems to me on first look, that Valentina with its API is really fine
here. We can easy iterate cursors and no needs to break head and write
stupid code on dehydrate. We can easy load in RAM only ONE current record
with Vcursor.

With Table API and bitsets we can use much less of RAM also.