3 questions

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 19 11:31:14 CDT 2007

On 19/10/07 6:57 PM, "Joseph Morgan" <joseph at checkos.com> wrote:

>> If you have some problems with RBDB way, describe them very detailed,
>> We will try help or fix them.
>

> Thanks I have several ideas and will post some detailed info this
> weekend
> when I get more time. I think its a great selling point for valentina
> to offer migration
> from realbasic database class to vrbdatabase with minimal changes to
> existing code.
> And some of the changes you have made already have helped greatly.
>
> Are there are some specific speed advantages by going the valentina way?

A lots.

For example

1)  Vlong.value as Ulong
    Vfield.value as Variant

    RBDB have only Variant way.
   But when you know EAXCT type of value this speed up things in times.
    and problem here in fact that RB's type() function of VARIANT
    is about 100 times slower then it must be.
    I have report them this 2-3 years ago but not fix still.

2) or ability in SqlSelect() specify array of binds.
    this can speed up thins up to 20 times

> Believe me, I am not complaining. I am just trying to find
> the easiest way to go about things. It was hard enough for
> me to learn realbasic and sql ( and I still struggle with it a lot! )
>
> I must add to this by saying:
> I have never seen a software company that responds to their customers
> in such a direct, fast and friendly manner. It is rare to be in close
> contact with
> the developers of a high quality commercial product. So I appreciate
> you.

Think about this way:

RBDB:

    new VRBDatabase

    dim rc as RecordSet

    rc = db.SqlSelect( query )

    rc.Field(i)

Valentina API:

    new Vdatabase

    dim curs as Vcursor

    curs = db.SqlSelect()

    curs.Field( I )

So I think its possible in one day polish your RBDB API app to be Valentina
API using find/replace  on the whole project