[DISCUSSION] Object Relational Mapping (ORM) - faulting/collections

Philip Mötteli philip.moetteli at econophone.ch
Sun Oct 14 07:07:23 CDT 2007

Am 14.10.2007 um 13:42 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:
> On 14/10/07 2:26 AM, "Philip Mötteli"
> <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:
>
>>> Yes of course :)
>>>
>>> Otherwise why we write this docs?
>>
>> :-)   Nice to hear.
>>

>>> Note, this was first draft, I see a lots of other improvements to
>>> that.
>>> Also for now they just talk about ARRAY, but it needs built and
>>> develop the
>>> fine model of collections for Valentina Database Model.
>>>
>>> I will be happy to get any ideas and feature requests to this area.
>>
>> As far as I see, all non-keyed collection type can be modelled, if we
>> have just one collection type, adhering to the following criterias:
>>
>> 1. Must be an ordered (not sorted) collection.
>> 2. Elements must not be restricted to a certain type.
>> 3. Offering the following functions (ObjC notation):
>> 1. -count
>> 2. -objectAtIndex:
>> 3. -removeObjectAtIndex:
>> 4. -insertObject:atIndex:
>
> Well, please look also on one more DRAFT FEATURE --
>     BinaryLinks with ORDER.
>
> On this page:
>
> http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?
> id=paradigma:public:en:documen
> tation:vsql:reference:reference
>

> This is low-level structure, which looks be much more effective to
> save
> pairs (RecID1, RecID2) in ordered way.
>
> I think it will be interesting for you.

Can every element in this array point to another table? I mean, can I do

INSERT INTO LINK link_name(TA,TB) VALUES (recidA1) TO (recidB) <FIRST|
LAST>
INSERT INTO LINK link_name(TA,TC) VALUES (recidA2) TO (recidC) <FIRST|
LAST>
INSERT INTO LINK link_name(TA,TD) VALUES (recidA3) TO (recidD) <FIRST|
LAST>